Is your air conditioner leaking water?
The damage that results from a leaky AC unit can be incredibly expensive and annoying to have to fix. It might result in having to repair your unit or deal with the problems that arise from the extra moisture in your home.
When you have an air conditioner leaking water inside, it needs to be fixed almost immediately but to do that, you need to be able to diagnose the problem. In this post, we’re going to tell you why your air conditioner might leaking and why you should have it repaired as soon as possible.
Air Conditioner Leaking Water Inside? Here’s Why
There are a few main reasons that your AC unit might be leaking water inside, with varying degrees of severity. The first thing you need to consider is the temperature outside because hot and humid climates cause your unit to have to work much harder.
If your leaking isn’t easily explained by the temperature outside, it could be one or more of the following issues:
- If your air filter is dirty, the evaporator coils can actually freeze and you’ll end up with leaking.
- Your condensation pan may erode over a long period of time, so if you’ve got an older AC unit, this could be the source of the leak.
- There are several drain pipes that water funnels through in your air conditioner. If one of these is faulty or clogged, you’ll see water leakage.
- When the refrigerant level is too low, your evaporator coils could freeze.
- If there aren’t any visible signs of damage and your unit is brand new but still leaks, you probably need to have it re-installed.
Get It Fixed Quickly
Having leakage outside is one thing, but when the water is coming inside, you need to make sure to get it fixed right away by a professional. When you have an influx of moisture and hot weather, you’ll be dealing with mold in no time.
Small amounts of condensation are normal in a functioning AC unit, but you’ll know when it’s out of control. Mold can be difficult to spot when it’s behind your walls, so after you’ve fixed your leaking air conditioner, get a mold test kit and make sure there’s nothing there. If there is, have it taken care of immediately.
An indoor water leak will also cause damage to your walls, hardwood floors, and carpets, so it’s not a problem to be taken lightly.
Only Use the Best
If you notice your air conditioner leaking water inside, don’t hesitate to call a professional to have it dealt with. At Best Air and Heating, we know a thing or two about installing and maintaining AC units.
We’re the best in the business and we will ensure that you’re living comfortably in your home with a highly functioning air conditioner. Visit our site to take a closer look at the many services that we offer and contact us to arrange for our dedicated team of professionals to come and solve your AC problems.